$799,000 | Southport, NC
SIMPLICITY was extravagantly refit in 2018 with the best of everything: this included mechanical systems, furniture, wall coverings, bulkhead removal, etc. She has very little in common with other Viking 72’s. Joint Central Agency with Steve Doyle of Cambridge Yacht Group
How May We Help You?
SIMPLICITY was recently refit with an open check book approach by a couple who demanded the best at every turn. She is an interior designer with an excellent eye for style and he is an airline pilot who demands nothing less than perfection. This was not only a cosmetic refit but included machinery, hotel systems furniture and electronics. First impressions suggest that this classic US built motoryacht has nothing in common with any other Viking 72, she appears like a new boat. The owners enjoyed this project and have purchased the next project.
SIMPLICITY is a classic flush deck motor yacht on a deep-Vee hull form, a worthy combination that combines, pilothouse, galley, day head, salon and aft deck all on the same level. The lower deck includes four staterooms accessed via a single stairway with an owner’s stateroom that is nothing short of grand.
Entering SIMPLICITY from either of the two pilothouse doors, the upgraded electronics package, woodwork and fabrics in the pilothouse are immediately evident.
Proceeding aft, the salon and galley are simply stunning in a moderate contemporary style with a nice blend of wood and fabrics. The color scheme has remained very neutral, the impression is one of elegant and refined good taste. What was originally a segmented allotment of space with a narrow galley is now a wide open, modern space.
The aft deck is accessed through large doors from the salon. Furnished with high quality exterior furniture it is most inviting and may be the most popular space on the yacht. Comfortable, relaxing and inviting only begin to describe the aft deck. From the aft deck the cockpit is a few steps down. This space can easily be your beach club. Add an awning and lounges and you will have a coveted play space with excellent access to the water.
All the way forward on the bow is a bench seat. When it is time to be alone this is easily the best location. Coffee in the morning, read a book or just sit and recall what an amazing day you are having on this yacht.
The fly bridge is accessed via a stairway from the salon. Originally the access was up a ladder which was common on these yachts in the '90s. The ladder was removed and a stairway was installed. Seating is plentiful around a built-in settee and table. With the tender launched, lounge chairs are easily positioned in that space. The upper command station has three Captain's chairs, new electronics and 360 degree visibility for easy operations.
The tender is located aft on the bridge deck and is easily launched with the davit. There is also room for a jet ski. With a little reconfiguration one could also add a hot tub.
- Engines Coolant system cleaned, flushed and overhauled
- Complete engine service
- New Air Filters
- Generator services performed
- All new Dometic AC systems and Air Handlers (7 Systems)
- All new dual (1 for backup) AC Water pumps with all new larger engine size sea strainers and back up sea cocks
- New 100 Amp house battery charger
- New 40 Amp engine battery charger
- All new engine and house batteries
- New Aired Dry Bilge pump systems (keeps no water in bilge)
- New 50 gallon water heater
- New Blue Water 60 GPH Water Maker
- New Florida Water Systems water softener plus commercial size water filters and UV light for treating water (against virus when out of the country)
- New Engine room ceiling insulation
- Naiad Stabiliers overhauled and serviced
- New 25 GPM water pump A/C
- New 5.5 GPM water pump D/C (backup)
- New Vetrus Bow Thruster
- New Exterior LED lighting
- New KVH V7 HD TV System
- New Glomax 4G System
- New Garmin HD 4K and 12K Radar Systems
- New Garmin 4 Large Screen Systems with 6 color video screens
- New Garmin Autopilot
- New Garmin Anemometer
- New ICom VHF Duel Radios with new VHF antennas
- Maretron Full Vessel monitor system including all engine parameters, tank levels, water maker status, etc. Screen at lower helm, upper helm and master stateroom with lower and upper alarms
- Bottom paint
- All new Zincs
- All new under water lighting
- New Windshield wipers
- New Rear deck stairs
- New Rear deck railing
- New Rear deck flooring
- New Hydraulic swim platform (2016)
- All new shore power cords
- All new TV’s throughout the boat
- Black Water system removed and replaced by Dometic macerator toilets with electric flush with new hoses
- All new 110lb Stainless Steel Anchor
- All new 1/2 inch Anchor Chain (300 feet)
- Windless sent to be overhauled
- All new exterior LED accent lighting
- New 1500 lbs. UMT davit with power rotation, power telescoping, power winch (2019 - 2 year warranty)
- All new engine room lighting
- All new appliances (Side-by-side refrigerator, convection microwave, convection oven, dishwasher, overhead range hood and flat glass top 5 burner range)
- New Washer and Dryer
- New LED Spotlight
- New LED Spreader lights for aft cockpit and Flybridge
- All Shower Bilge boxes replaced
- Entire boat rewired for DC LED lights throughout
- All new water, and fuel tank senders (monitoring all tanks) and tied into the Martron system
- New 6 Zone built in yacht music system
- All new exterior LED lights, including accent lights, Nav Lights, anchor lights, bow accent lights, rear cockpit lights, mast lights facing upward.
- All living spaces were completely refurbished in 2019 including all new headliner, new walls, all new cabinets throughout, all new countertops, all new flooring including new subflooring, etc.
- All new cabinets, including master head, day head, and guest head.
- All new custom cabinets in galley
- All new faucets with all new plumbing
- All new sinks
- All new carpet
- All new 1 inch carpet pad
- All new wood floors in master head, day head, guest head, lower helm
- All exhaust fans in all head replaced
- All lights switches replaced and rewired with DC lighting system
- All new mattresses (custom)
- All New custom bed linens
- All walls either covered in padded soft vinyl or wood
- All mirrors replaced
- All new day/night window treatments, option to block out some or all of the light on all windows and sliding glass door.
- All new custom lower and upper helm
- All new custom furniture in salon
- All new custom sofa in master stateroom
- All windows tinted and sealed
- Rear awing canvas replaced
- All exterior cushions replaced
- All new exterior covers for seating surfaces
- All new exterior furniture
- All interior brass hardware replaced (door hardware etc)
- New custom staircase to the fly bridge
- Custom railing to master stateroom from salon
- Custom swing bookcase for additional storage in salon
- All new headliner throughout
- All new custom Cambria countertops throughout
- Custom Walk in Closet in the Master Stateroom with custom closet organizers
SIMPLICITY is the ultimate reconditioned motor yacht in her class and is priced above similar yachts on the market. The asking price does not cover the costs of this one-year refit. If you are looking for an extremely nice family cruiser with four staterooms and plenty of space, then look no further. SIMPLICITY is a real American classic. With the refit, the owners not only changed the styling but reconditioned everything under floors and in the machinery spaces: pumps, systems, A/C, heads etc etc etc. What you don't see generally costs more than what you see. If carefree family cruising and entertaining is in your plans and you don't want to spend a year in a shipyard then SIMPLICITY will be an obvious choice. One walk through and you will see the value.
SIMPLICITY will be in New England for the summer.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Boat NameSIMPLICITY
- Model --
- Model Year1991
- LOA72 ft
- Beam17.42 ft
- Fuel Capacity1600|gallon
- Water Capacity350|gallon
- ManufacturerDetroit Detroit