The Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser is an exceptionally safe and stable Cruising yacht with many well thought out features.
One of my favorite is the easily modified sail plan which allows you to go from a Sloop rig to a Self-tacking Cutter rig in minutes. A modified keel and skeg hung rudder for good performance, water tight bulkheads for safety and many other features makes her stand out among the cruising sailboats.
Beginning forward is the Owner's Stateroom with a private head at the bow that has a shower stall on port and sink and toilet on starboard. An opening port and hatch cools the head. There is a cabinet with sliding doors and a shelf above for your personal items as well as good counter space and a teak trimmed mirror. All plumbing components are easily accessible.
Aft of the Forward Head is the Owner's Berth with a large double Pullman berth to port. There are 3 drawers and 2 cabinets under the berth plus open storage accessed under the cushion and a deep shelf along the hull side as well as additional shelves at the berth's head and foot. Three opening ports and an opening hatch make for comfortable sleeping. The starboard side of the cabin has a large hanging locker and a desk/vanity with mirror and pull out seat.
The Saloon follows aft with a port side "L" shaped dining area. The bulkhead mounted table is hinged with a drop leaf that can sit 6 for dinner but folds up and out of the way when the meal is over. There is a straight settee on starboard long enough for napping. There are well designed shelves and cabinets on both hull sides with fids. The saloon is light and airy with a large opening hatch and 4 opening ports, 2 dorades.
Continuing aft, the Galley is to port with a 3 burner stove and oven and a large Adler Barbour Refrigerator against the hull. Two big, deep sinks are forward facing with lots of counter/work space. There is a beautiful and cleverly designed custom teak shelf with stainless supports for dinnerware above the sinks. The Galley is well ventilated with 2 opening hatches and 2 opening ports.
Across on starboard is the Aft Crew's Head with an opening port and hatch. A teak trimmed counter with a sink and commode and a shower spray that pulls out of the counter are on the hull side. A long cabinet with sliding doors is above the counter for personal items and another cabinet under the counter provides plenty of storage.
Behind the head is the private Crew berth with a double bed and open space for dressing. A large hanging locker at the entrance and another cabinet under the berth provide great storage. There is a opening hatch and 2 opening ports.
The centerline Companionway has 3 steps up to the cockpit passing over the engine compartment. The steps pull out for convenient and easy engine access. Day to day access is under the hinged top step where belts and dip stick are easily reached. A trash can is concealed under the bottom step. Additional engine inspection ports are on either side of the compartment.
On the portside of the companionway is the hull facing Nav Station. The 12 Volt Electrical Panel is above the desk as well as the easily reached 110 Volt Panel, Navigation Repeaters, VHF Radio, SSB, and Stereo. The AC panel is under the Nav Seat. The desk has good storage under the hinged top and in a custom drawer. There is an opening port behind the Nav Desk to cockpit.
The Cockpit is roomy enough for sailing and entertaining and has 2 Stern Rail seats for extra crew or a better view. Molded transom Swim Platform, Boarding Ladder and freshwater shower.
- New Air Conditioner
- New Marine Toilet
- 12 opening ports with screens
- 7 opening hatches with screens
- Mushroom vent in shower
- 12v Fans
- Force 10 LPG two burner stove with oven
- Adler Barbour 12v Refrigerator Freezer with Double doors
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks with hot and cold pressure water
- 11 Gallon Hot water heater
- Hideaway Trash bin
- Water filter
- Foot pump
- Two propane tanks
- Raymarine C70 Chart plotter with GPS and AIS
- Simrad AP21 Hydraulic Autopilot
- Simrad AP21 Controller
- Raymarine ST 60 Speed
- Raymarine ST 60 Depth
- Raymarine ST 60 Wind
- ICOM M422 VHF with RAM mic
- Jensen AM/FM/CD/Sirius Radio with speakers in Salon and cockpit
The Vessel is equipped with 110v AC and 12v DC power with Circuit panel and beakers
- Two 110v AC shore power cords with connectors
- Entec West 4.2 Kw Generator with 825 hours
- Three AGM Group 31 House Batteries (2018)
- One AGM Group 31 Engine Start Battery (2018)
- 350 W Solar Panel with controller
- Three Stage Smart Charger Battery Charger
- Xantrex SW 1000 Inverter
- Xantrex Battery Monitor at Nav Station
- Polarity Indicator
- GFI outlets
Sails and Rigging
The Versatile Sail plan allows you to change from a Self-tacking Cutter rig to a Sloop in a matter of minutes, using the quick release staysail stay and moving it to a stowage area on the port deck amidships. Also the ease of the versatility of the Roller Furling Mainsail and all lines leading aft to the cockpit make it easy and safer to furl and unfurl all sails.
- Selden Furling Main sail on Aluminum Selden Keel stepped , Double spreader mast
- Profurl headsail
- Convertible Cutter Rig with hank on staysail
- Selden Rigid Boom Vang
- Whisker Pole with Stanchion storage
- Lewmar #48 Primary Two speed, Self tailing winches
- Two #42 Halyard Self tailing winches
- One #30 Halyard winches
- Four Lewmar Rope Clutches on Mast
- Two sets of Sails
Deck and Hull
The Deck and Hull consist of Caliber's unique Double Seal Integral Keel, water tight Collision Bulkhead and water tight Rudder dam
- NEW Dinghy and Outboard (2018)
- Lofrans Electric Windlass
- Double staggered anchor rollers
- Divided Anchor locker with room for storage
- 45lb. CQR anchor with chain
- Danforth Anchor with chain and rode
- Grapple anchor with chain and rode
- Aluminum Toe rail
- Two Chrome Dorade vents with Stainless Steel guards and screens
- NEW Bimini Dodger with Full Enclosure (2018)
- Stainless Steel arch with Solar Panels
- Dinghy motor mount on Stern rail
- Molded Swim platform
- Rub rail with Stainless Steel Striker
- 6 Mooring Cleats and Chocks
- Cockpit Ice box
- Cockpit coming Storage box
- Transom shower
- Teak Cockpit table
- 28' Life lines
- 54 HP Yanmar Diesel Engine with 449 hours since Refurbished in 2010
- Dripless Prop shaft Seal
- Entec West 4.2 Kw Generator with 825 hours
- Water Maker
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Flagler Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Whiteaker Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel