Nordic Star is a fine example of the original "A" interior configuration which features the open salon layout, a long bench in the wheelhouse and a Pullman style double berth forward. The boat has been well cared for by her owners of the past 8 years. Special features Include;
1) Strong running Cummins 6BT5.9 220HP with 3200 hours. Complete engine service just performed.
2) 2018 Garmin plotter/radar, color Furuno fathometer & older Garnin plotter for back-up.
3) Webasto forced air cabin heat plus engine heater.
4) Sea Wise manual dinghy management system w/2018 Highfield Hypalon RIB and 6HP Mercury OB
5) Cockpit bimini with full enclosure
6) Upper deck rail package.
7) Newer Maxwell 1200 windlass with 200' chain.
8) Interior detailing just completed, this boat is ready for inspections.
Nordic Tugs are built commercial solid and simple for ease of ownership and reduced maintenance costs as all systems are accessible for inspection and maintenance.
Built of a semi-displacement hull that leans towards the performance end of that classification, Nordic Tugs have the ability to run at economical displacement speeds (7.2 knots and 1.7 GPH) yet have the power to cruise comfortably at 11-13 knots and often top out at 16 knots! This speed capability comes in handy when the sea state deteriorates as when running at higher speeds, the boat becomes more stable, unlike most trawler designs that lack this desirable capability. The long standing popularity of Nordic Tugs is a testament to the designs appeal to knowledgeable boaters who appreciate the designs practicality, especially for use in PNW waters.
Currently in dry storage, this boat is available for inspections by appointment. Call with questions or to arrange to get aboard "Nordic Star" today!