“Wanderlust” is a great example of the highly desirable “Flush Deck Motoryacht” model of the 65’ Grand Alaskan.It is a very well appointed cruising yacht. Portuguese bridge forward, shoal draft hull design along with fully covered walk around side decks make her ideal for island cruising.
“Wanderlust” is a great example of the highly desirable “Flush Deck Motoryacht” model of the 65’ Grand Alaskan.
This layout features four staterooms with three full heads along with a day head on the main deck level. The U shaped galley is up just aft of the highly functional pilothouse. The master stateroom is full width and located aft with a private stateroom entrance. The guest accommodations are located forward and are separated by the full beam engine room.
Boarding is via an integral swim platform through a transom door to the cockpit and up molded steps to the covered aft deck. Other boarding options include boarding gates both port and starboard directly across from the pilothouse doors. Aft deck area includes, molded transom seating, television, and wing doors which access the covered walk around side decks. A Portuguese bridge has been incorporated in this model along with cushioned bench seating located on the foredeck.
Entering the main salon, an L-shaped built in settee is located on the port side including a teak hi/lo table and ottoman. Across to starboard, a built in teak storage cabinet, and stairway access to master stateroom is provided. Further forward, built in teak desk with seating is featured along with a day head and pantry locker just forward. Across to port, a breakfast bar including three stools, granite countertop, and access to the very functional U- shaped galley. The entire salon and galley area encompasses large windows both port and starboard which allow plenty of natural light as well as unforgettable views while cruising. The interior consists of teak wood with a satin finished and the sole is teak and holly throughout.
Lower helm station features a Stidd helm chair, L shaped settee with teak hi/lo table which converts to a watch berth, port and starboard side doors. A teak stairway leads up from the pilothouse to the fly bridge. An additional teak staircase leads forward and down to the guest accommodations.
- Wesmar Gyro Stabilizer controls
- Bow Thruster hydraulic Side-Power
- Bennett trim tabs
- Electronics Include:
- Garmin 7612 Map monitor/GPS Chart Plotter (installed January 2018) includes Sirius Weather.
- Radar - Furuno Navnet, 48 Mi range
- Auto-Pilot - Simrad AP 20
- VHF marine radio-telephone Icom model ICM604
- A.I.S. transponder
- Depthsounder – Furuno
- Garmin apparent wind speed and direction indicator
- Caterpiller Displays
- 6" Danforth Compass
- Tank Tender Fuel Monitor
- Glendinning Electronic Engine Controls
The U-shaped galley is located on the port side forward of the main salon. Features includes breakfast bar with large granite counter top. An abundance of built in cabinet and drawer storage is also provided.
- GE galley appliances are stainless steel and feature a
- Full-size side-by-side refrigerator/freezer w/ in-door ice and water dispenser
- Full-size oven
- 4-burner cook-top
- Dishwasher (full-size)
- Trash compactor – Krushr
- Dbl S/S sinks with disposal
- Granite countertops and backsplash
- Malber 110V clothing washer and 240V dryer (located in VIP SR)
- Central Vacuum cleaning system
The Master Stateroom features a Queen size bed on the centerline for the owners and 2 custom made single "quarter berths built in to either side of the stateroom. These berths and mattresses were well crafted of matching teakwood and may be easily removed or installed as the need for more or less sleeping accommodation is required. This stateroom has plenty of drawer storage for clothing, 2 cedar-lined hanging lockers, a Panasonic flat screen TV and a large, en-suite head with granite topped vanity and stall shower.
VIP Guest’s Stateroom:
Features include a queen size berth on the centerline with a framed mirror over the headboard, a large private head with granite topped vanity and separate stall shower, a hanging locker and a chest of drawers for clothing storage. The washer & clothes dryer are housed in a cabinet built into the port side of this stateroom.
2nd Guest’s Stateroom:
Features include a tapered queen size berth situated on the yacht’s centerline, a cedar-lined hanging locker, drawer storage for clothing and a private entrance to a head with vanity, toilet & stall shower.
3rd Guest’s Stateroom:
Features single over/under bunk berths with reading lamps, and drawer storage for clothing.
Fly-Bridge Details and Electronics:
- Intellian I-3 model SAT TV antenna (2015) w/ 4 receivers.
- A.I.S. Transponder
- Garmin 5212 GPS plotter monitor (2015)
- Garmin AWI/AWS instrument
- Caterpiller Engine Display Furuno Radar
- VHF - Icom IC-M504 radio-tel
- Depthsounder/knotmeter/log - Simrad IS15
- Furuno Display Depth Sounder
- Bow Thruster Controls
- Fusion Stereo
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment:
- Twin Caterpillar 3406E (800 HP) diesel main engines with 2000 original engine hours and are equipped with dual racor primary and Caterpillar secondary fuel filters.
- Engine controls are Glendinning electronic controls
- Stabilizers are Wesmar with 7.f Sq. Ft. fins.
- Bow thruster is hydraulic 25 HP Side-Power (PTO on main engine)
- Twin Disc marine gears - 2:1 reduction
- Matrix desalination (1200 GPD) watermaker
- Cruisair (5 zones) air-conditioning with digital controls
- 2 3/4" S/S propeller shafts
- Dripless packing glands
- Hynautic - hydraulic steering
- Fireboy FM200 automatic fire extinguishing system
- Electric oil changing system for main engines and generators
- Engine synchronizers
- Bennett trim tabs
- Tank Tender fluid level gauge for fuel and water tanks.
- Northern Lights 4 Cyl 16 KW generator with 1658 original hours (01/20) (Port)
- Northern Lights 4 Cyl 16 KW generator with 1551 original hours (01/20) (Starboard)
- 12V/24VDC & 120V/240VAC systems w/ 13 - 12 volt batteries (House bank replaced - summer, 2017).
- 1 - Glendinning Cablemaster shore power cord reel retrieval system - Aft
- 2-50 Amp shore power cords with forward plug-ins.
- Inverter - Trace 4000 watt 24VDC/120VAC
- 1 - 60 Amp Sentry Converter/Charger
- 1 - 25 Amp Sentry Converter/Charger
- 15.2' RIB Tender (05/2008) w/ center console steering, Bimini top and 70 HP Yamaha 4-stroke outboard engine chocked on the boat-deck.
- 1,500 # capacity davit/lift - hydro/electric
- Propellers replaced w/ 5-bladed nibral Props in 2018.
- Winslow 6 person liferaft - 2017
- Security system consisting of exterior motion detecting lighting, video cameras (6) and continuous loop recording. (new 2018)
- Intellian i-3 SAT TV antenna installed during 2015 (range includes Bahamian out island anad Puerto Rico) 2 Intellian domes installed on radar arch.
- Windlass - Maxwell 3500 hydraulic with dual capstans
- Plow anchors (2) secured in S/S bow rollers each with chain and rode.Khalenburg triple trumpet air horns
- ACR searchlight with remote controls from both stations
- FW washdown on fly-bridge
- FW & RW washdowns on foredeck
- Marquipt side boarding ladder
- Marquipt "tide-ride" boarding stairs
- H & C freshwater shower built into transom
- Dockside CATV & telephone plug-ins
- Windshield wipers and washers
- Trolling rod holders (2) flush mounted in coamings
- Underwater lights at transom
- 110 Volt Deep Freezer
- Aug Propane Barbecue Grill
Recent Updates (October 2019):
- Bottom Paint
- Cutlass Bearings
- Props Reconditioned
- The Yacht's exterior was professionally refinished with awlgrip covering by Marker Yacht Refinishing at Harbor Town Marina in Ft. Pierce, FL during 2016.
- Stabilizing system was completely serviced with fins removed and seal and bearings replaced (Summer 2017)
- The exhaust hoses from the risers aft were replaced by DeAngelo's Marine 2008/2009
Reported Fuel Burn Rate and Estimated Cruising Range
- At 9 knots cruising speed the fuel consumption is 20 GPH and at 13 knots cruising speed, the fuel consumption is approximately 50 GPH. Given a 200 gallon reserve, the cruising range is estimated to be 600 NMI at 9 knots and 350 NMI at 13 knots. The author believes that a 200 gallon fuel reserve is quite conservative and that the actual range is greater.
The Grand Alaskan 65' Flush Deck Motoryacht is a very well appointed cursing yacht. Portuguese bridge forward, shoal draft hull design along with fully covered walk around side decks make her ideal for island cruising.
Exclusions: Owners personal property, tools, etc.
Flagler Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Yacht Brokers, Inc.. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel